Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Mid Autumn! 中秋节快乐!

Today, we'll be celebrating the Mid Autumn Festival (中秋节). It actually falls in the 15th day of the 8th lunar month in the Chinese calendar (农历八月十五). This is when the moon is supposedly at it's fullest (although this year, astronomers say full moon will only occur on the 17th day instead of the 15th day). Most Chinese families will gather together to admire the bright mid autumn moon (赏月), eat mooncakes (月饼) & pomeloes (柚子) and sip Chinese tea. Children will also gather in groups and carry brightly lit and colourful lanterns (提灯笼). In the olden days, people will also gather in the night bazaar and activities like guessing riddles written on lanterns (猜灯谜)。

This year i bought mooncakes from Sheraton Towers Li Bai (李白). Very nice!!! Last week, I was running around delivering mooncakes to my customers. Also bought some for our office. The girls all loved it. Both the snowskin (冰皮) and the traditional ones were very very yummy, so I bought the same for myself. Really very nice. The lotus seed paste was so fragrant...


Very blah looking box (-_-)

Yummy traditionally baked mooncakes

Fragrant snowskin mooncakes

All for the sake of this logo on the top left corner...

Yawn... I'm working and chatting on MSN and blogging at the same time. So now, I gotta go focus and finish up my work, then chat a bit more before I hit the pillow... Yawn... 中秋节快乐...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kell Ch@n said...

I got my mooncake from LiBai.

But they came in gold boxes though