Monday, September 22, 2008

A Spicy & Alcoholic gathering

We've missed the good old days where Hubby & his "pig & dog" friends can sit and chat for hours and hours. Used to do that a lot in the past, especially when we had a chalet,BBQ or met up for dinners and drinks. So this time round, hubby suggested Jeff & Mic to come over to our place. Which is very very rare, because we normally don't have "open house" one lor.

So I was given a very very important mission. To cook for the very important guests. Although only 2 of them, but I had to make sure they were well-fed with good food and enough alcohol to drown a whole hall of people!

And hubby suggested I cook LAKSA! OK, must be spicy, full flavour and overflowing with prawns & tau-pok! And I did lor. Successfully cooked. And very spicy too, hehehe... Spent Saturday afternoon preparing the ingredients for the Laksa. Made some fresh Butterhead & Purple Friss salad too. Selected the Red Wine (had Spanish that day) and had Sake in mind also. Then of course the "micro bar" with my micro collection of liquor were available too. Jeff was only told to bring the mixers.

Anyway, they came around 7pm, and we jumped straight into the food. Jeff initially asked when my restaurant would be opening. 'Cos apparently, my Laksa tasted very nice. (Of course lah, I used solid prawn soup leh!!!). But after awhile, Jeff said I better not open the restaurant. Because there were too much "liao" (prawns/tau pok/fish cake/egg). Hahaha... He was worried my restaurant won't make it! Then the 3 men started to go into debate over whether I shld start the restaurant or not and how much "liao" I shld put in there, how much I shld price each bowl etc etc! Hehehe, it was such a funny sight!

After dinner, the fun chats continued. Michael spoke abt his wife-to-be and their plans and preferred ROM dates. Jeff spoke abt his job. The we spoke a bit abt cars, and the men chat more abt their old army days. Could see that they were very sentimental ppl who valued the friendship-bond. Taking the conversation from the dinning room table, to the coffee table in the living room. More liquor, beer, left over wine, sake, and peanuts to chips. We joked, we laughed. Such fun.

We shld try and plan another one of such gathering again. I guess friendships like these are invaluable. While making friends is easy, maintaining the friendship is not... And we all know, that we do treasure our friendship (that includes Pilot Michael)!

1 comment:

Jvirus said...

Our thanks for the great hospitality shown by both of you to Mike & I.

When can we have this again princess??? hahah..