Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday... The start of my nightmare!

OK, I'm back at work today. After a week away from the office (and I refused to check my emails while on leave) I came back to an exploding inbox. I was (still am) desperately filtering my emails to read the more urgent ones first, and at the same time catching up a bit on what had happened last week. One email in particular pissed me off quite a bit. A sarcastic 2-liner. It's contents sounded more like a mark of territory and a reminder of some sorts. But... Fine... I can tolerate.

Then came an SMS. And I realised that I had forgotten to inform someone of last week's joyous occasion. OK, my fault on that one. But I really forgot. I apologised. Unfortunately, someone wasn't too pleased. I got chided for it. And some earth got dug out from beneath the carpet as well. Oh boy... I was thinking of how I shld reply next. I ididn't have any excuse at all. And I have to admit that it was truly a slip of my mind. But the other party wasn't buying my story at all... I started to dial back, but I thought of how the other party's temper was gonna be like, so just before the tone got thru, I hung up... Procrastinated for a long while before I replied on the SMS instead. Sigh... Maybe I shld have just called back... I guess she must be fuming mad at my reply :(

Not a very good start to my week eh?

Anyway, this week will be a very rough week ahead. I see many challenges coming up, not gonna be an easy ride. And probably no matter how hard I strive, it'll still not be good enough to some. But, it's still part of my job here. Don't shout at me, people, because I'm also on the firing line and at the receiving end of a lot of shit.

Lunch time now. Christine just came by with her niece. So cute... At least that put a smile on my face for a while. But soon after, I started wearing my frown again. I think if I get cast in a movie now, I'll sure win Best Actress award! Because I can smile, frown and cry almost in split seconds. The "dynamic" environment here helps! OK, yes, I know, I'm in KNS mode... But it's true, I can cry almost instantly!

OK. I'm still not having lunch. Guess I'll skip lunch today. No time. I'm allowed max 15 mins to type this blog post, and then I'll have to get back to work. There may be spies here... Back to work, back to work! WORK!!!!!

P/S: Customer just called... Think something went wrong. So now I have to clean up some dung left behind and start some damage control... Oh boy... Some one tell me about MONDAY BLUES!

P/P/S: SORRY MOMMY!

No comments: