Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tokyo Trip (Part 1)

It's been so long since I last blogged!!! I've been so darn busy, it's just not funny at all! But well, amidst all my buzzing, I had an opportunity to visit Tokyo!!! It was for work, and YES I DID WORK WHEN I WAS THERE!

Ok, so I did work, but of course there was some spare time too. OK, OK, I did the Singaporean thing. I went shopping and eating! Yes, shopping. I know, it's expensive there. BUT, clever us (my colleagues included) found cheap branded stuff! Food was really good. Every tasted so different. Even the Tako-Yaki was so much better!

I have here some pictures that we took when we were in Tokyo...

Welcome to Japan!


We stayed at the Dai Ichi Tokyo Seafort Hotel near this Tennozu Isle station.

We tried travelling on the infamous Tokyo subway system. And boy was it complicating! They had so many lines going in all directions. Almost every 3 or 4 stations was like an interchange. We did quite well travelling to a couple of destinations. It was quite fun. But we had to keep reminding ourselves not to use our mobile phones whilst in the subway.

On the way back, we kind of got lost in one of the stations. We were sitting and chatting away and waiting for the train to come, and we saw a few trains come and go, but not in the direction we wanted. Then the few of us decided to ask around and finally realised that we were on the wrong platform! Adventure man!

Anyway, we went shopping and eating at Odaiba, Tokyo Bay area. There were so much to see, and so much to eat. We chanced upon a little noodle shop in one of the complexes and I ordered my favourite... Cold soba noodles. And the taste is..... so different! It's very very nice! おいしい!
That same night, Mich & Susumu came by to take us out for dinner. We went to the Tsukiji area.

A random street scene with rows of Monja Yaki shops.

Me & Mei Chin @ the Monja Yaki restaurant we went to.

Tweetie attempting to look professional at frying mushrooms.

Asparagus rolled with bacon. Mich cooked this and he wasn't sure how long to cook it for! Haha...

Susumu attempting to cook the Okonomiyaki.

Me & Mich trying our hand at the Monja Yaki.

A very "professional" Mich.

See, only half cooked and already looks delicious...

Me, trying to look sweeter than the very sweet tomatoes!

Tweetie & Mich... Geez... I must've blinded Mich with my flash!

Tweetie, Mich, Me & Mei Chin

Pachinko Machine! And it's PINK!!!


A whole row of Pachinko machines... They play it with small little metal balls... Very noisy.

Mich & Me with his precious 4litre Ford Explorer in the background.
OK, need to catch some sleep now. Will put up some more pics of Tokyo soon... I think I also owe some pics of Tasmania that I've yet to put up. Hehehehe... Terrible me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... so fun.. go for business trip at tokyo..

anymore vacancy? o_O

Katrin said...

Wow! Looks like you were really enjoying yourselves! Great that your back.

Anonymous said...

hehehehe i love the pic of me and mich (with the bottle blocking me!!!) he love to do that trick dont he?? hahahaha!!!

Apple said...

So nice. I wish I could go to Japan some day too!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Good leh, business trip cum holiday....