Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Norway trip

I'm not gonna write much cos I've been very busy lately, and I'm now sitting in my hotel room in Dalian, China (so funny, writing abt Norway whilst sitting in China!). So just some pics from my trip the week before. Mostly fishy-looking stuff!!!

Tweetie took this pic of me @ Changi B4 we flew off to Amsterdam

I had 3 seats all to myself, so I managed to sleep throughout the 13 hours flight!


Dinner of Turkey Ham Salad, Beef Steak with Potatoes & Blueberry Cake

Breakfast of Mushroom Egg Omelette with Veal Sausage & Hashbrown

Good old Mario Brothers kept me occupied on board

Sunrise from Schipol airport, Amsterdam


Aerial view of Trondheim. Note the snow-capped mountains!


Me @ Trondheim airport waiting for my luggage

Woohoo... It's cold lor... The average temperature every day here is abt 7deg cel in the day and perhaps -1 or -2 deg in the night. And that does not take into consideration the wind sheer factor. Boy is it FREEZING! But, I had good fun. The air was crisp and it was a really nice change as compared to the super humid and hot weather we have back home in Singapore.


Stephen & Duke O outside a restaurant where we stopped for a hotdog snack


Hotdog snack with shrimp salad & onions, mixed vegetables & chips

The hotel near Ulvan where we stayed for the night

Everything so woody. Check out the lobby!
Cozy couch in my room


Nice warm and soft bed

View from the office in Ulvan

The wellboat bringing the fishes in

Look at all the salmon swimming in there!

Production staff manning the gutting station

After the meetings in Ulvan as well as a day of food poisoning (must have been the cod and shrimp combination), we speed like hell all the way back to Trondheim airport to catch the 9pm flight. It was a long 4 hour drive (including a short break for me to puke my guts out due to the food poisoning + a wrong turn by Stephen straight into a congested city centre and having to stop at every single red light there was in the entire city)! Boy were we damn bloody late for the flight. We had to sprint from the carpark to the airport terminal, check in our bags, clear x-rays and metal detectors and run to the gate.

I slept most of the 2 hour flight including the half hour stop in Bergen. Arriving in Stavanger, we had to take a 20 mins bus ride to the ferry terminal in Stavanger. There, we waited about 20 mins in the freezing night (probably -1 deg cel) out in the open for the ferry. The actual ferry ride was about 30 mins, followed by another 20 mins taxi ride to the Spa hotel. By then I was completely exhausted from all that travelling.

View from my hotel room

Beautiful Norwegian country side

Room with a view

Has a little kitchen too!

Cam-whoring from the balcony of my room

That's the moon, at 8am!

See, the sky was still dark at 8am in the morning

What I had for breakfast most of my mornings

Me & Duke O

A very happy me in my new jacket

Prince H & me on one of the farms

Salmon oil for kids, which we produced and sold to Disney

I got a surprise gift, the truck sitting on the table in front of me

It was a "truck-load" of chocs!!!

As promised by Duke, they gave me so much chocs to fatten me up! Thks guys!

A relieved me, going back home (should also mention that I had to change a couple of planes before I got back, really tiring)

2 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Hi Princess Carol

Saw u in facebook and have add u...

Cent said...

so admire u .. can travel around the world ^^