Monday, June 4, 2007

Have such things happened to you? Or are you guilty yourself?

I just need to complain...

Scenario 1:

Someone told me today, "Sorry, we don't have the product to match your requirement." And I waited for a really long time to be advised an alternative. Nothing came. I had to call up and ask if there was an alternative...

Imagine you walk into a supermarket, and asked if they have ABC brand of detergent. And the staff just looks at you, smiles and says, "Nope". Then walks away. Why can't he/she just say "No, we don't carry that brand, but there are other brands available and they are just down that way in row 5 isle..." or something like that. Geez....

Scenario 2:

"I'm not in-charge, pls ask so-and-so" ... familiar? Just a while ago, I asked a simple question, to a person whom in my opinion I would have the best answer from or would have provided a solution. But to my utmost disappointment, the reply was "Don't know, not me, pls ask so-and-so."

So if you ring up a bank to enquire abt a credit card problem. After the infamously long automated answering system, you finally get thru and someone answers. And you ask "I had a double debit in my credit card statement, can you help me?" And the person on the other line just says "Sorry, you've got the wrong department, pls call the main line again and select another option." And then hangs up. Urrgghhhhhh!!!!

Scenario 3:

Then there was the incident where I tell someone to assist me in retrieving some information, and this someone just handed me a stack of papers and told me it's all in there.

Like if you get your assistant to extract some information for a very urgent report. And then she comes back with about 10 files and says "Boss, all the details are filed in here. You can find them yourself. I have to rush home for dinner." And then walks out!!!

I wonder how such people can exist. I wonder how they actually feel when the same thing happens to them instead. Will they complain about it as well? Would they have realised that they behaved in the exact same way?

2 comments:

Katrin said...

I hear you! I hate it when people do that, but luckily enough it doesn't happen too often. I do feel a littel guilty of telling people where to find the info if I don't have the time to check myself... :/

Anonymous said...

wow.. i want to complain also.

When you ask payment from your debtors, you should talk to them softly and politely right? I mean usually people will

BUT

my creditor called me, demand for payment in a very rude way and instruct me to issue cheque (as if he's my boss) and said your boss din inform you is it?

wah, like my boss and i are working for him. so geram..

oops.. Sorry Princess, suddenly feel like complaining. Sorry :P