Monday, July 7, 2008

My Monday... Ironically filled with 99% Bitter Chocolates & Strawberries....

It's been quite a while since I last ate bitter chocolates. Always liked it because you could taste the real cocoa rather than sugar and milk. And the high concentration of chocolate acts as a stimuli to pump more blood to my brainz (if there's still any left by now). Basically, it wakes up me and enables me to think better.

Initially, the girls bought 65% cocoa. Then 75%. Then slowly, it went up to 85%. And suddenly, the last grocery shopping trip, I found 99%. Oh well, I need that. Super bitter I must say. And many of the girls had very wrinkled faces when they tried this. But I felt that it gave me the kick I needed when I faced the challenges everyday.


Last week, I was eating almost nothing but this 99%, almost pure chocolate. It was so bitter. Of course I made a nice hot cup of hot chocolate if I ate it in the morning. But still, this chocolate was so bitter, I swear my blood pressure would dip to zero if I didn't have the hot chocolate.

Anyway, challenges are always there. But the level of difficulty and the amount of understanding and sympathy, coupled with my co-workers' support (if any at all!) was what mattered. I'm almost to the edge now. Last week, I was told to clear some leave. And that was almost perfect timing. I had a good opportunity knock on my door. But thanks to someone, I had to let that opportunity slip by. I was fuming about it. I still am. And I wasn't able to clear my leave in time so I had to ask for an extension, which was granted, thank goodness. So now, I must, by hook or by crook, clear it before end of next month (and more to clear before end this year!). But, the question is, HOW??? That, I'll have to figure out very quickly.

Anyway, today, we had a "celebration" in the office. We celebrated the completion (or near completion) of renovation and a sparkling brand new office. (-_-) We popped champagne, cut a cake, and ate strawberries. I was only interested in the strawberries! And I still have the balance now on my desk!!! I confiscated them after the boss made a speech!


Moving forward, this week will be another very challenging week. I have a deadline to meet latest before Wednesday 9th (which means I must complete by tmr when some ppl replied my email on Friday past 10pm!) Sigh... Challenges. Really tough one this time. And of course tmr is the busiest day of the week, as always. And I have some other matters to attend to. And I need to figure out when to clear my leave (and make sure they get approved!)

Tmr, I'll be starting my day with a whole load of meetings/tele-conferences, whatever you call those. And then I'll be super-duper busy. So, anyone of you looking for me, pls pardon me if I don't sound cheery/normal/friendly/sweet/lovely/what-ever-you-would-like-me-to-sound! Cos I am on super high stress levels!

Till, then, have a good Monday (yr Monday can't be blue-er than mine!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

99% 的巧克力???很苦的叻!!!

格格,您真的很厉害。佩服,佩服。。。

格格千岁千岁千千岁!

猫猫

Anonymous said...

awwww.. how i miss the MH dayz. haiz.. -_-. Now I can't even have Chivas in my room no more. sobz. I MISS MH!!!!! waaaaaAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

My new office pantry only have hot/cold water, milo nescafe powder, lipton teabags, sugar creamer and a mini fridge. No microwave (not allowed bcos they say the angmoh dont like food smell in the office). =_=" I've been spoilt by MH!!

Sorry to hear abt the "grievances" at work, but I'm sure Princess will always overcome the obstacles and strut with head held high in royal style, oui? (maybe now with flat soft padded slippers in office hahhaa..) -- anyway I'm glad you're allowed to extend the leave, otherwise.. feel so bad for you leh..

for the rest of the remaining balance, i suggest, try taking half/one day per week. Blanket application one shot, till Dec, eg every thurs (hee hee i know lah, you'll say its not possible). After all, there are just abt 20+ weeks left for the rest of the year. Only can bring over 10days leh...

*hugs hugs hugs*
thanks for the update babe!