Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tokyo Trip (Part 3)

Yes, yes, other than fish, there were other sights that we took in. First up was really nice food. Sushi, right at the Tsukiji market. See the following pictures and drool... ...

Look at the Sushi! Georgous isn't it?

Notice the size of the fish vs the rice below!!!

Cute Japanese sushi chef

Another chef busy making sushi

See... He can make so many trays of sushi in a very short period

Rumiko... So sweet...

Anyone seen this in Singapore? Mini spring onion sushi!

Botan Ebi sushi... おいしい。。。

And this is Anago, sea eel. Not the cheap China eel in teriyaki sauce sold in Singapore. See the difference?!

Ok, Ok, I know, I'm supposed to post more than just food, so see below for more sights we caught in Japan.
Doggie Restaurant, for both humans and pooches

And this one, as the sign suggests, pooches only! Cute...

Tweetie did a nice shot of me at Odaiba Venus Fort fountain

But I did such a disservice to her in this pic... Oops, sorry Tweetie

Caught on camera... Tweetie attempting to eat Kitty!

Tokyo Tower!!!
After 2 days in Tokyo, our group moved on to the Gotenba area near Mt Fuji. We stated at another hotel with plenty of Onsens. The hotel name was wired... It's called GOTENBA KOUGEN HOTEL BRUSH UP. Don't ask me... I have no idea! But, it was quite a nice place, a little old, but clean and comfy. But I have to complain... There was NOTHING in the mini bar!

Tweetie & me

See how happy we are!

Hotel Brush Up!
"miiieeeehhhh"“ いらしゃいませ”
See what welcomed us in the hotel
Tweetie
Me...

A basket of bamboo charcoal in my room

View from my room

Lucky us also had the chance to go see Mt Fuji. And I was supposed to climb all the way to the top, but... sigh... nevermind... Anyway, we also went to a cave, that was supposedly formed when Mt Fuji erupted many many many years ago. And amazingly, then cave can maintain a low temperature of 13 degrees celcius throughout the year. Then we went to a beautiful place. The waterfall... It was absolutely beautiful. Nice waterfall with Koi swimming freely around. Yes, Koi... Fat gold colored ones. Beautiful...

A signboard telling us how high Mt Fuji is

Partial view of Mt Fuji. The top was hidden in the fog

As you can see, the winds were very strong and COLD!

No idea what this is

Khim & Me... Strong winds...


View from halfway up Mt Fuji... Just clouds!


Mt Fuji 5th station

Directional signs on Mt Fuji
Looks quite steep dosen't it?

Mt Fuji is really not as nice looking... black & red volcanic ash...

Mich
Tweetie
A cave formed by Mt Fuji eruption many years ago
All (or rather most) of us went into the 13 degrees celcius cave
Entrance to a waterfall
Steps leading down to the waterfall valley
I tried to make this shot look pro... but....
Tweetie & Mei Chin
Waterfall water!
The water's really very icy-cold!
I had to hold my breath when i saw this!
Mich trying to look professional
Me trying to look prettier than the backgroud... (-.-)

Mich and me

Satoshi



Me trying to look prettier than the background AGAIN (-.-) (-.-)

Even the walls are dripping with icy-cold water






I still have a lot more pics to show... OMG, where and how do I find the time to do that? Er... stay tuned (again) is all I can say!

4 comments:

Katrin said...

Your pictures are gorgeous and the sushi looked mouth watering! And you are also doing quite a good job at looking prettier than the background!

Anonymous said...

wow amazing pictures. what cam did u use?? pls let me know

Princess Carol said...

Thks... These are taken with a Nikon Coolpix & a Canon Ixus...

Cent said...

wow ... nice japan trip !!!!