Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2008 Norwegian Seafood Dinner

Woohoo... Was invited to this beautiful annual affair. The annual Norwegian Seafood Dinner. It was held at Swissotel The Stamford last Friday. A very grand, gala dinner.

More than 75 seafood courses featuring 20 different types of Norwegian fish and seafood were served to approx 800 guests (including me!). The Royal Norwegian Embassy and NBAS hosted the evening, while the Norwegian Seafood Export Council sponsored the seafood and the chefs. The Norwegian Ambassador H.E. Ms Janne Julsrud was present as well.

Without further ado, pls see below, mouth-watering, drool-worthy pics I managed while eating and talking at the same time...

H.E. Ms Janne Julsrud making a speech


Beautiful Ice-Carving showcasing delicious seafood

"Caviar"

KINGCRAB!!! And it's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Halibut. Very yummy!

Baked Trout. Nicely presented

Salmon & Halibut Tataki


Various smoked salmon & gravad laks



Boiled Crayfish


I was seated at table 37, 3rd row from the stage, next to the VIPs!


My 1st round. Too shy to pile up yet...

But after that, my second and third plates were just too much for the camera. Besides, the food was good, and I was too busy eating and chatting with the French guy next to me. Hahaha.... OK, he was the MD for at-sunrice. But he was telling us (me and some other ladies at our table) abt his stint at Ritz Carlton.

Arne Hjeltnes & me (He's a famous TV personality in Norway too)


Look at all those deserts!!!

Yes, I had some. Er... OK, more than some. OK, OK, I had more than the pic above!

Hahahaha, OK, I must say that those pics I posted above really didn't do justice to the event. It was far grander than what you see above. Imagine a huge ballroom with abt 800 very beautiful people, and abt 75 dishes of seafood presented in the most flattering manner one can ever imagine. Pity, although I'm known to multi-task fairly well, I was just simply too occupied with eating the best foods they had there and then. So too bad, not enough pics to show. But perhaps, if I get invited to next year's event again (I've been invited every year for as long as I can remember!), I'll try very hard to take more pics and still eat at the same time! Hehehehe.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah lau eh! How can you be eating so much, but not grow fat ah? Eh Princess, can you invite me along to the next event you guys attend? Damn envy siah... And I never ate crabs that look like that B4!!! I want to go leh...............

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

pigsypui said...

wow!!! make me liu kou shui liao..haha...

ya lor i agree wif ben! y u eat so much size still so good... so envy leh.. keke...

happy holiday day ya... Sawadeeka to u too!! keke...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wow Princess

I also liu kou shui liao.... hahaha...