Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A 72 hour battle and things still go very wrong!

After struggling without sleep for nearly 72 hours since Saturday, I had thought that the worst would have ended. I assumed that we'd already been to hell and nothing more could happen. I let my defences down. But when I got a call from Duke O today, about more mishaps, my heart nearly stopped beating. I felt all the blood drained from my face and nearly passed out. I couldn't control my emotions at all, and had literally started shouting at a very apologetic Duke O. I had never, never, never, been so upset with anyone like this before... This really made history. I felt very sorry for Duke O, but someone had to assume that responsibility and catch the shit as we call it. Because it was exactly the same for me when I face my own customers.

I knew my colleagues looked at me with fear and utter disbelieve because they could almost see me breathe fire out of my nostrils, and no one could believe that after such a major catastrophe, I was still standing there. Kevin really couldn't believe his ears and Mitch felt very sad that such a thing was happening too. Stanley called this afternoon as well, and he thought this was some kind of a sick joke too. And Charlie was pretty upset over the series of unfortunate events that he was mouthing so much vulgarities today. If I had a counter, I'd be clicking it for every F word he said, and I'm quite sure the counter would just be jammed!

Someone said to me today, “你还真能撑呀。换成是我,早就不干了。看来,你可不是省油的灯哦!佩服,佩服!!!”That someone was a guy. And I know he's full of respect for me... In fact, from the first day I assume this job position, everyone told me that I was in for a hard time. Everybody I knew had told me that no women could ever make it. All the women we knew had dropped out from this position. And I'm still in the running. I had one very simple theory to it. I try my best, do what I have to do, have lots of patience, keep my cool always (though it was never easy), persevere, and work like a man.

Perhaps the market I'm in charge of has a really good potential for growth. And everyone knows how valuable this role is. I'm very sure there are many people out there dying to grab this seat. And whilst I have almost full control, understanding and information of this market, everyone tends to keep their eyes on me. People are always around me, observing what I do, where I go, who I communicate with. It's very pressurizing. I recently told someone that I'm like an endangered species (受保护动物). He didn't believe me. He thought I was joking and he laughed it off. Sigh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

以不变应万变

Anonymous said...

遵守原则,处之泰然。

Anonymous said...

nice blog.. and do learn to relax. stress is a deadly disease.... (: