Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Long Journey


Such a long journey. We have all worked very hard, and come this far. Changes in our surroundings and the environment have led people to move on. Some for the better, but there are also some that didn't quite make it.

Re-structuring in most companies will see some people coming, and also some people leaving. We went thru the same thing in our company. It's been a long process, and we're still seeing some after effects of all these. It's inevitable, and from the macro-level, it's all for the good of the company's development and future. However, I wonder if they do see things on the micro-level as well. Staff movement in that sense have never been good for the morale of most staff. People take a long time to form working relationships. The rapport does not appear overnight. But once a team is torn from re-structuring, people have to start all over again. assuming new duties and working with different sets of colleagues. But on the bright side, there may be better chemistry that could result.

Rumiko & Susumu have decided to leave us, on their own accord. It was truly very very sad that two very nice colleagues and friends will no longer be working in our team. But, from the bottom of my heart, I do wish them all the best in their future undertakings. As people always say, Grass is greener on the other side. So I'm sure they'll find greener pastures. Eric will also be leaving us at the end of this month. And I also feel quite sad about it. Working with Eric has opened my eyes a lot. I've learned a great deal under his tutelage. Although I know that he still maintains that it's gonna be a tough and long road on for me, and I also know that he still has doubts I'll ever survive (since the first day of work together) for long... ...
好不容易走到这里,即使别人再怎么不相信,再怎么看不起,我都觉得不可以放弃。这才是人生一大挑战。Princess Carol, がんばって!!!

No comments: