Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chicken Rice, St James, A new bottle of liquor etc.

EJ came down to Singapore on a business trip over the last few days. Actually, we were quite busy during this period because of some re-structuring of the company etc etc... But still, we managed to set aside some time to spend with her.

A very sweet EJ playing with her HP

And Tweetie was also very sweet. She had been organising activities for EJ to keep her occupied throughout her stay. Took her shopping in Chinatown, nice dinners and party too. I would usually be the one doing all these, but recently really too much to handle and not in the right mood to think.
And a very sweet Tweetie looking... SWEET!

Anyway, I did join them for dinner on Wednesday. Went to Mandarin Hotel's Chatter box for dinner. Ate chicken rice (what else), and ordered rojak and some brinjal thing. The chicken rice was unfortunately a let down. The rice was not fragrant enough, and the chicken meat was so tough. Soup was too salty. I heard their head chef had quit on them...sad... But the rojak was good. still a tad too salty, but otherwise good flavour. The brinjal thing.... forget it. Cannot make it is how I'd describe it.

Chatterbox Chicken Rice

At the dinner, we also had KH, RK and another whatever-her-name-was lady. They are contracted ppl who do some work for our company. We all don't like KH because he's super irritating. Talks whenever and wherever. Can't stand it. says all the wrong things all the time, and keeps talking abt sensitive political issues (he's from a neighbouring country). Worse when he keeps comparing Singaporeans with his own country-men. Once, Tweetie was so upset with him over some comments that he passed, she told him to go back to where he came from! Hahahahahaha...

RK. is Singaporean. I thought also talked too much. But realised after a while that she is harmless. Just trying to make conversation. The whatever-her-name-is, on the other hand, does not even have to open her mouth to speak and we already find her a pain. She's been a nuisance at four quarters and thinks Singapore standards in everything is super low. Another creature we need to send back!!!!!!

Anyway, after dinner, we headed to ST JAMES. EJ wanted to drink, Tweetie wanted to party, and I felt like singing. And I heard ST JAMES had them all (Including the new KTV). We waited at the lobby for our taxis. Miss whatever-her-name-is decided she need her beauty sleep and left us there and then. Suits me. I didn't think she was needed anyway. She was so short and skinny, I was afraid I might have to worry about losing her in the crowd!

Tweetie decided to call for 2 taxis because the queue was quite long and there were 2 different queues and no taxis coming. And while waiting for our taxis, KH just had to quarrel with the guys who opens car doors and helps you waive for a taxi (can't remember what you call them)! I thought it was embarrassing... -_-

Finally the taxis came, KH & RK went into the first one, EJ, Tweetie and myself in the second one just minutes after. Tweetie realised that she didn't have KH's HP number when we reached ST JAMES! So we just headed straight into MOVIDA. Plonked ourselves down and ordered our drinks and enjoyed.

EJ, Tweetie & me @ MOVIDA
I think it must have been an hour after we drank and "danced" a bit (Tweetie danced a lot, I just shook my bum in my seat) when I suggested we go sing karaoke.
We wondered around and found our way to DRAGONFLY, climbed 2 flights of spiral stairs before we reached MONO. There was only 1 huge plush red-themed room left. We took it after much hesitation and suspicions about KH's sincerity on buying us any drinks at all.

EJ, Adam (our dedicated waiter), Tweetie, RK & me

We had a fun time singing with Tweetie being the best entertainer (all round), and RK had very smooth and soothing vocals (loved her rendition of Sandy Lam's 至少还有你). Unfortunately, EJ could only find 1 song, My Heart Will Go On (She's Korean, and MONO barely had any Korean Songs!!!). KH was totally hopeless on the mic (and I think he knows!!) cos each time he takes the mic and opens his mouth to sing, we all burst into fits of laughter! Adam, our waiter-of-the-day freaked out at one point and offered to go get some mixed nut refills whe KH was trying to sing.... hahahahahahaha......

At some point in time, we made a 2nd order for our drinks, Adam recommended this :

Belvedere - Vodka from Poland!

And ordered cranberry juice & orange juice as mixers for the vodka. Ooooh... I loved the cranberry combination. It simply reminded me of a drink another colleague ordered for me when we were in Norway... Ooops... Off topic...

And guess what, we couldn't finish the bottle of vodka, so I brought it home! Cos Tweetie says it'll compensate for the Eiffel Tower-looking bottle I wanted earlier but got given away instead.

Anyway, it was a truly fun night we had, and I think we left at abt 10.30am. The next day, EJ & myself stumbled into the office by 10am, followed by Tweetie.... All looking super panda! hahahaha...

And it was a very long and tiring day for all of us after that... I can't remember how I got thru the rest of the day... Zombie-fied is all I can come up with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tweetie is the tweetiest tweetie of all.... ^_~ (act cute).

Hey we had a smashing good time didnt' we? Let's do it again soon!

I love the way you've related the entry. MMm..... wish I can just copy and paste it to tweetietalk! (that's my other blogspot blog, neeheeheehee...)

Anonymous said...

oh hey, i saw Belverdere bottles in balaclava the other night!
-tweetie ^^