Monday, April 30, 2007

Norway... beautiful place, nice people

Every day, I'll have people calling me from the other side of the globe, Norway. Apart from the business chats, they'd be teasing me like mad as well. They usually start calling me from around 2pm Singapore time, which is 8am their time. And so far, I've always had loads of fun speaking to them. Sometimes, they'll teach me useful Norwegian phrases, and I'll teach them Chinese. Cultural exchange is what I call it. Last year, I had the opportunity to visit Norway. It was a really pleasant trip.

I know it's been half a year since my trip but as I was speaking to Duke O & Prince H (nicknames I give then since they are so shy to have their names published... geez....), it just reminded me that I should really put up some nice pictures.


In the past, I've always had the impression that Norway would have been very very icy cold. I thought hat even in summer, their ground would always be clad with thick snow. From pictures in books and magazines, they always had Norway in snow clad mountain tips and fjords with a lot of snow on the banks.


But in August last year, I visited them. It was summer. And very warm! It was about 20 deg celcius when I visited. Very very beautiful. It wasn't humid. The people there were very friendly. The buildings were mostly made out of wood. In fact, when I went up to one of our offices in Hjelmeland, the entire office building was made out of wood. Like Ikea! All wood...


Scenery-wise, needless to say, was breath-taking. It was BEAUTIFUL!

So colourful...

See, beautiful isn't it?

Food wise, everything was too salty for me. Although I do enjoy quality smoked salmon, and caviar, eating it everyday and having it in almost every meal was definitely too much. During my trip, I had the pleasure of eating seafood EVERYDAY! Salmon, king crabs, mussels, oysters, shrimps, cod, turbot, halibut... Envy me people, envy me!!!! And of course, their dessert was absolutely fantastic.

Strawberry Hazelnut Parfait (I'm drooling!)

And of course I have to show you guys some scenery...... We went to Preikestolen, Flor & Fjære & Ramsvig.

Views from halfway up Preikestolen

Me at the top of Preikestolen... Mind you, it was scary sitting there!

Because next to me was all the way DOWN!

Flor & Fjære was just full of flowers!

Looks sour? Wrong. It was damn sweet!!!

Can't get apples any fresher!

Ramsvig, isle of serenity...


Me, trying to look pretty... (^o^)

Where we had our meeting, very woody!

More wood!!!

My favourite corner... The wine cellar/bar

It was a truly memorable trip, except for the flight up! I've learnt a whole load about their work and most of it really helps when I do my part of the work in this corner of the globe. Most importantly, my colleagues have become friends.

Baby-faced Prince H

Dragon Rider Duke O

These two guys are the ones whom I work very closely with in Norway. They taught me a lot, but also given me their fair share of heart attacks! Let's hope this year, I will have another chance to visit Norway. After all, I need to claim my container-load of chocolates from the Prince, and my container-load of Strawberries from the Duke. Right boys???

2 comments:

Katrin said...

Hello, I was just passing by and enjoying your blog. You seem like a very nice person, and I can fully relate to the alcoholics collection! Greetings from Austria.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!