Wednesday, April 25, 2007

MRT Ride

It's been quiet a while since I last took the MRT. Since I left the office at abt 10pm last night, I thought I should just try and catch a bus followed by the train.

I made it to Harbour Front MRT station just in time to see a train waiting for passengers. It was quite packed and the door closing signal was going off. I attempted to walk a little faster just to jump in. But there was this Malay lady with a trolley luggage and a plastic bag dashing across my path. She missed crashing into my by an inch! And as she went past me, there was this whiff of un-mistaken smell. DURIANS! YUCKS!!!

I thought they banned durians on the MRT? Bloody hell! It was absolutely pungent. I wanted to tell her off, but she had already gotten into the train and the doors had shut just behind her, narrowly missing the wheels of the luggage. Damn!

No choice. I sat down on one of the stone (or was it granite or marble???) benches in disgust and waited for the next available service. Surprisingly, barely 1 minute after the earlier train left the station, an announcement on the next train approaching came on.

Happy! I looked around and saw the station relatively empty as compared with just a minute earlier. The train came, I walked in and strolled all the way to the front (my fav spot). Sat down comfortably, took out my Palm PDA and started writing this blog.

It was a smooth and quiet ride. But as I was writing this entry, I couldn't help but notice that the train travelled very slowly between Serangoon and Kovan station. Why ah? Hmmm... ...

Anyway, time to get off the train. At least it was nice and quiet, and I had a place to sit comfortably with no smelly durians!

Think those MRT personnel should also put dogs on patrol to sniff out those disgustingly pungent durians and possibly help curb terrorists attacks.

No comments: