Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One last angry post before I fly...

I'm now at the airport waiting for my flight. Will be off for a short break in just a while, so I thought I should just leave my footprints here before I disappear.

Actually, I was very very very disappointed earlier. "The superior" called. Asking me some work stuff which I had settled most of. I realised through that conversation with "The Superior" that this person hadn't really understood quite a fair bit of some of the works that I handled. I'm wondering if it had been my fault for not sitting down regularly with "The superior", or was it just "The superior's" fault for not showing more concern over what goes on around me.

What irked me even more was when "The superior" said in a disgusted tone that he was very disappointed with me for not turning up at work today. I got an instant slap in the face when I heard that. I was wondering if I seriously made a mistake in my leave application or did "The superior" just misread it. I couldn't stomach that insult. I felt very very very disgusted with that comment. "The superior" had signed an approval for it. I had waited so damn long for this short break.

Even though I am going for my vacation, I still have my mobile phone on with me. I had informed "The superior" prior when I made the leave application that I can still be contactable, and I don't mind taking calls. Probably not the laptop, but at the very least the mobile phone would still be on.

Apparently, that bit of info didn't quite register with "The superior". And the earlier phone call labelled me as not having handed over my duties properly.

I bloody felt like shouting over the phone that I had been working in the office till past 7pm last evening, and "The superior" had all the time to ask me questions should I had really forgotten to hand anything over. But there was barely any complete conversation that might have last 2 minutes in total for the whole day between the both of us. I even made the effort to ensure that my Monday/Tuesday work were all fulfilled and I worked till close to 5am this morning just to make sure I had sent most of the necessary emails out. But somehow, such hard work is not appreciated.

Perhaps I just wasted my efforts. Someone once asked why I even bothered to work so hard, why am I so committed to my work. That someone also said that he could just work 2 days a week and idle the remaining 3 days and still get paid. I told that someone, I am trying really hard to do the same. And perhaps I may appear to have achieved that, but they never realised how much work you could do on yr mobile phone as well.

Any how, I can't override what goes on in the mind of "The superior". This person would have the authority to throw me out should "The superior" being deem so. I would never be able to fight back, and even if I did, I would probably never win. So as ppl always say.... Whatever...

WHATEVER...

No comments: