Saturday, December 1, 2007

Princess is hopping mad!

Was so angry yesterday. I actually called up Noel Gifts on Wednesday to order a birthday cake to be delivered on Friday for my customer. Had everything done over the phone (like I always did) and got the confirmation number. And yesterday, I told my customer I had arranged for a cake for her, delivery between 2-5pm. She was very happy. I also called Noel Gifts at 3pm in the afternoon to check what time the cake would arrive there. But I got a shock when one of their male customer service person told me the cake was still in the office and not delivered yet. I told him it was already 3.30pm, and they had promised to send it before 5pm, so they had to hurry before it gets too late. He then told me he'll call their delivery department and ring me back. So I went back to chat with my customer, and abt 15 mins later, the guy from Noel Gifts rang and assured me that my order was already on the road and will definitely be there before 5pm.

But at 6.30pm, someone from my customer's office called to say that the cake did not turn up! I tried calling Noel Gifts but their office was closed already. Then this morning, I called them up to ask what happened, and they told me that the cake I ordered was not presentable and never left the office at all! I couldn't believe my ears when they told me that. I was sooooooooooooo hoping mad!!!

How could they have done something like that? Such a big and well established gifts company... I mean in the event a customer's order was not presentable or damaged before delivery, they should use some initiative and make a replacement or have someone rush to pick up a substitute and send it. In this case, it was a birthday that someone was celebrating. how could they have just kept quiet abt it and not send anything at all??? If they had just sent a bottle of wine or even just a bigger bouquet of flowers first, I wouldn't have been so upset with them.

The cake was meant for an important customer, and they had utterly embarrassed me this time. I am so disappointed. I was even filling up the order form for some Christmas hampers to send this year. But after this incident, I don't think I can trust them with more important orders.

This is absolutely ridiculous.... A birthday cake order not sent on the day it should have been. After I screamed at them, they were asking if they can send something else on Monday... And I was really really angry when she said that; like you have only 1 birthday a year..... Grrrr....

So angry, so angry, so angry... So angry, so angry, so angry... So angry, so angry, so angry...

2 comments:

Kell Ch@n said...

Try them next time. We use them all the time!

http://www.ecreative.com.sg/

Princess Carol said...

Thks Kell for the link. Will check it out... :)