Sunday, September 16, 2007

The beach... Local favourites...

Singapore was never a country (or island for that matter) known for any beautiful beaches with clear waters. But, as an island country surrounded by Indonesia & Malaysia, it's not difficult to imagine what our waters look like. And to go with that, our beaches are not as pure white and clean as you would find in the Philippines or resort islands like Redang and such. But still, on sunny island Singapore, with the sun deciding to scorch all of us, we still manage to have a fairly nice beach on the east coast.


See, you can even build a nice huge sand castle here!

But of course you'll need special help and maintenance to build this... (-_-)

Char Siew Wanton noodles! YUMMY!!!

Satay... Urghhh... How to resist this??? Gotta eat it!

Personal favourite. Duck rice. Something I find hard to miss...

Well, many of my friends from outside of Singapore have been asking me what they must eat when they visit Singapore. Like they'll eat Sushi & Ramen in Japan, and Kimchi in Korea & erm... Hotdogs in the US (that's what someone actually said to me!) and Tom Yum Gung when in Thailand. So what to eat when in Singapore? My answer... EVERYTHING... in the hawker centre! Hahaha... There are so much to eat. Chicken rice, Friend Kway Teow, Friend Hokkien Prawn Noodles, Bak Kut Teh, Duck Rice, Yong Tau Foo, Mee Siam, Rojak, Popiah etc etc etc... My list will go on till it's time for breakfast!

So guys... (Duke O and company's coming to Singapore in Nov), I'll make sure you guys go home with a tummy that'll threaten to explode from over-eating. Muahahahah... I'm wicked, I know...

No comments: