Friday, September 7, 2007

Memories of school...

The last time I ever drank tea out of a metal cup was like more than 10 years ago... (probably closer to 20!) In an old school canteen, you can buy iced milk tea or soft drinks from an old uncle and then carry the metal cups or glass coke bottles and sit on wooden picnic tables and chairs out in the open under a huge tree gossiping abt teachers and peers.

So recently, when I visited the very "in" Hong Kong tea cafes, I see drinks served in metal cups again... Brings back many memories of good-old school days. 真的很怀念,很怀念。。。


I have in fact lost touch with almost all my ex-school mates. I miss them all very much. But I do know that Ben is now the boss of a very reputable local multi-media/animation company that produced Singapore's first local 3-D animation movie "LEGEND OF THE SEA". The others, Karen, got married and went to Canada??? Xuewei, married and missing, Chao Fang & Agus, married each other but missing, Shujun, missing as well... And many many many others (some I can't even remember their names) **sigh**

As I stir my cup of 冻奶茶, images of me in my school uniform and laughter with my friends come floating back. Even as I type this now, tears well in my eyes, for I really miss those times. Hope my friends see this and contact me...

2 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If i'm not wrong, is this from Wang Jiao Hong Kong Cafe?

Princess Carol said...

Yeah, I think it's called 新旺茶餐厅。