Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sichuan Earthquake

The past couple of weeks, the only headlines on local papers and news on TV was about the earthquake in Sichuan province in China. The fateful 8.0 quake that hit China on 12 May 2008, had taken more than 68,500 lives as of today. That had reportedly been the strongest quake to hit China since 1976.

Each time I flipped the papers, sad images of the aftermath fill my eyes and bring on tears. It just hurts to see so many people suffering, so many innocent lives taken away, so many children dead due to "tofu" school buildings.

I cried when I saw this picture

It must have been horrifying for the children

"Tofu" Buildings

One lucky survivor

This lady fainted after she learned that her daughter had died in the quake

Those that didn't make it

A butterfly mourning for the dead girl

School bags waiting for their owners to claim


Even as I write this post, my eyes still well up in tears... ... To all survivors, pls be strong. To all victims, pls bless yr loved ones... ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pics are so heart-wrenching. I share yr sentiments. God bless...